Thursday, May 21, 2009

Little Boy Running

I was running again today. Something really neat happened.
I was running at a park where there is a 2.2 mile loop and I was just starting on the second loop. I had run past this dad and his son fishing on the first loop and as I was on the second loop I was passing them because I was running, and the son had to be no older than four. As I ran past them, I heard these little footsteps quicken and I realized that this little boy was running behind me, trying to keep up. He was so cute.
I am not gonna lie. It was an awesome moment.
I slowed down and let him run with me for a bit.
All I could do was just smile.
He eventually slowed down
smiled
and went back to his dad.
I am not going to try to come up with some spiritual metaphor for this.
I could try though.
All I want to say. Is this:
Don’t forget to enjoy life every once in a while.
Don’t be afraid to run after something even if you can not keep up.
Thats all.

2 comments:

The Turner's said...

Hey bro, im glad you are running it is healthy and i miss you. I wanted you to know that you can't post the location I am online. I deleted your post but thanks man, I need your prayer.

Shannon said...

I love this story, Collin. That is so sweet.